NOTICE

All material in this blog falls under the laws of Copyright. Each Artist represented retains their own copyright to their images.Reproduction without their written consent forbidden by law.

Monday, November 29, 2010

Featured artist...Walt Stricklin


With over 35 years in Photojournalism, Walt Stricklin takes inspiration from David Hockney  and turns his focus on fine art.

As Director of Photography at the Birmingham News  for the last 15 years, Stricklin applies his new vision for landscapes earning him an invitation as one of ten American photographers to go to China and be part of an inaugural exhibition and conference at The Art Palace in Xiang Sha Wan, inner Mongolia.

 
"I call my pictures "Scapes" because most of the (so far) are landscapes and city scapes. They are preconceived, digitally hand crafted and not stitched or blended by  a computer program. As I do them, I am not looking for perfection in their assembly. I leave the many individual imperfections to celebrate both my humanity and the enjoyment of discovery. My composite panoramic Scapes are my visual sculptures. I want them to be a blend of reality and my interpretation of a given situation. "

  
His composite panorama "scapes" are preconceived, digitally hand-crafted and not stitched or blended by a computer program. 

"I am not looking for perfection in their assembly. I leave the many individual imperfections to celebrate both my humanity and the enjoyment of discovery. "
"... As an artist, I search for those everyday places and events in our lives that represent the universal truths of shared experiences. What is true in our core is true no matter who we are, where we were raised or where we end up."


More of his interesting work can be seen..here

1 comment:

  1. I am genuinely thankful to the owner of this web page who has shared this enormous article at here.


    my site: pure garcinia cambogia extract

    ReplyDelete

Comments signed anonymous will be deleted. You should stand behind what you say.